- The FSO encourages strong commitment from its members and, in order to ensure that the players’ and conductor’s time is not wasted, attendance at all rehearsals is expected.
- It is inevitable that members may have to miss rehearsals occasionally for unavoidable reasons but these should be kept to a minimum, the expectation being that no player will miss more than two rehearsals per concert.
- If you do have to be absent from a rehearsal, please let your section leader know in advance as this helps us to plan ahead.
- If a member has attended insufficient rehearsals prior to a specific concert, the Committee may advise that member that they will not be able to play in that concert.
- When referring to the FSO on social media sites, members should uphold the reputation of the Orchestra.
- Defamatory reference to individual members, sections of the Orchestra, the conductor, and the committee should be avoided. Defamatory postings include, but are not limited to, those that are sexist, racist, threatening, insulting, unlawful and invasive of another’s privacy.
- If a member contravenes this social media code, the Committee reserves the right to ask the member to leave the Orchestra.
- Men should wear black shoes, a dress shirt, black dinner jacket and black bow tie.
- Ladies should wear smart black footwear, a black full/three-quarter length dress or a black full/three-quarter length skirt or long black trousers and a smart black eveningwear style top.
- Music stands should be either silver or black.
- Subscriptions should be paid to the Treasurer within six weeks of the first rehearsal of each season.
- If you wish to pay by electronic money transfer, please include your name and “FSO sub” in the reference and email the Treasurer to confirm payment. The Orchestra’s bank details will be provided by the Treasurer on request.
- A members’ contact list, including details of home address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, is maintained specifically so that members can contact one another. This will be updated and circulated at least once a year.
- Members should ensure that they do not provide information on the list to third parties outside the Orchestra without the express permission of the member(s) concerned.
- Members who do not wish their personal information to be included in the list should contact the Secretary.